[BaseCamp] can you determine in which folders various POIs are kept by viewing MY COLLECTION?

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 11:38:45 PDT 2021

Hi

A while back I had a glitch and lost quite a few POIs that I kept separated
in specific folders.  Complete folders disappeared.  Never did figure out
what the glitch was, and I didn't have recent enough backups, so I started
to repopulate and rebuild the missing POIs.

As I recreate a POI, BaseCamp tells me the name is invalid.  I figured out
that means the name already exists.  It isn't in the specific folder where
it once was (since that folder evaporated and I am recreating it), but I do
see the POI inside MY COLLECTION.  It's name is in lower left column when I
have MY COLLECTION selected.  When I highlight the named POI, it has an
icon marker on the map.

Since all POIs appear on the basemap when MY COLLECTION is selected, is
there a way to know in which Folders any selected POI exists?  Can I click
on the POI when in MY COLLECTION and learn that that specific POI is in
Folder A, or Folder B, or Folder ZW?

Since whatever glitch I had wiped some folders and maps off BaseCamp, but
MY COLLECTION tells me the supposed evaporated POIs are still in the
BaseCamp system, it would be nice to know where they might be hiding.  Any
thoughts of determining where they might be other than just in MY
COLLECTION?

Thanks, Joe Y
western PA