[BaseCamp] Adding Custom Waypoint Symbols to Base Camp Mac 4.8.11

DENNIS O'DELL denniscodell at icloud.com
Mon Aug 15 08:28:10 PDT 2022

Using Base Camp 4.8.11 with macOS Monterey 12.5...

I downloaded a few custom waypoint symbols (Symbols only, not POI Waypoints) from POI Factory and installed them in </Users/xx/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Custom Waypoint Symbols>

They appear in the Symbols list as expected, but they do not scale up to the size of the pre-installed symbols. They are about one-half the size.

The downloads have been either 24x24 or 32x32 in .bmp format.

My question is:
Am I missing something or does Base Camp Mac not handle them nicely?

Thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,

Dennis C. O’Dell

"Speak intelligently to the intelligent man, commonly to the common man, simply to the simple man and don't talk at all to idiots."
— Confucius