chain noise?

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Fri Apr 20 14:51:01 PDT 2007

George,
     I lay a piece of aluminum c-channel molding on top of the chain and up
against the side of the rear tire. Push it as far forward as possible and
sight down the molding. Adjust the wheel until the chain rows are parallel
with the molding. Now you know the chain is aligned on the sprockets so
there won't be any chain noise and assuming the transmission countershaft
and the swingarm pivot are parallel with each other, the wheel will be
aligned in the frame as well.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i