front end wenching tips and tricks?

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Fri Feb 23 10:45:46 PST 2007

Andy,

If you don't have a set of the Connie fork guards on the
bike, I highly recommend them.  I used to lose the left
fork seal on a regular basis until I installed the Connie
fork guards.  I never had another one leak after that.
They're pretty cheap and hold on with just a little inner
tube glued to the inside.

Otherwise, the main trick is to not get the forks in a bind
when tightening up the triple clamps.  Tighten the bottom
pinch bolts, bolt everything up and then tighen the top
pinch bolts last.

Charles S.