Cam Chain tensioner

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Mon Jan 15 19:09:18 PST 2007

I meant to chime in on this last week but forgot.

On my bike, when it starts getting noisy (especially when cold), I'll adjust the cam chain tensioner manually.

The process is real simple.  Start by removing the center bolt, then the two outer bolts.  Remove the tensioner body while being careful not to advance it.  Count how many teeth are showing, then pull it out exactly one tooth.

Installation is reverse of disassembly.  I tend to do this about once every year and a half to 2 years.  Last time I think it was 10 tooths out :)

PS.  The above instructions refer to the stock tensioner assembly.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com