FJR 1300 AE (LONG!)

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Tue Jul 10 05:55:12 PDT 2007

Cycle Canada had one of these as a long term test. They had a couple of
problems all due to low speed engagement of the clutch. 1.  Stopped on the
side of the road and wanting to turn around because you missed a corner.
Normally feather the clutch and dog walk the bike around.  With the auto
engagement the bike had a tendency to jump when it engaged.  Not good with a
large bike.
2. They got on a rough gravel road that turned into a cow track. Trying to
navagate around stones and such, they finally blew the transmission on this
one.  Not a good enduro machine.
Other than these 2 items they had nothing but praise for the system.

Jim