carb problem?

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 14:22:56 PDT 2007

no apology needed, I sorta picked up on the syncronized motion,
but yes, It bugged me about the sound for this same reason.
now the she won't start. ahhhgg!
Robert Nelson <majordad at carolina.rr.com> wrote: I just bought the freeze out plus yesterday.  I am pretty sure they were
5/8".

As far as your other issue, I do not know what your knowledge level of carbs
is so just ignore this if you already know it.  You say that the slides make
different sounds and their action could be smoother.  Each carb has a boot
on the slider and if they are not seated correctly when reassembled, instead
of the slide returned being a little slower as the airflow is restricted, it
will just snap right back because there is no restriction.  What this means
while the engine is running is that while each of the slides in the other
carbs rise and fall in time with the engine vacuum, the other carb slide
isn't moving at all.  In other words you are basically running on three
carbs.

If you already knew that, I apologize for the email.  Hope this helps!

Bob Nelson