Idiot Season

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Tue Apr 15 12:00:45 PDT 2008

I don't mean to be a "me too" and didn't want to enter this thread,
but "Me too!"   Paying on 6 vehicle registrations/insurance a year, I
believe I pay more than my fair share of usage tax.

So, riding my bike doesn't make me less of an infrastructure
supporter. Makes me MORE, in fact, since I'm reducing congestion by
having one less car on the road that day.

And don't call me a skinny bastard, either, because I'm neither. :)

I will say, however, that I share the dislike of some pack cyclist
habits.  Having been in a few, I know there's some tendency towards
mob mentality - "we have the power, we'll inconvenience you and not
give a sh*t. Eff-Off!"   Seen it far too many times, from two skinny
wheels, two fat wheels or four.

But at the same time, they are (usually) legal users of the roads with
the same rights as we motorists have, so - share the road!

On 4/15/08, Jay Loeppke <jloeppke at charter.net> wrote:
> Will I guess I have to speak up.  I am one of those special morons you refer
> to.  I have found lots of good  help for my 95 Gpz on this blog but this is
> not constructive  criticism worthy  of this site.  It sounds like a bunch of
> not well educated red necks talking.