Tech Tip - Posi-Lock connectors

D Peterson gpzzzzzer at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:48:49 PDT 2008

For those of you who have not stumbled across these little jewels yet, I thought I would share.  If you are working on any kind of electrical project on a motorcylce (or car for that matter) these things are the greatest thing since sliced bread.  You can connect wires with out any crimping or soldering and end up with a dependable and long lasting installation.  All you have to do is strip the two ends of the wires you are connecting, insert each on in the appropriate end of the posi-lock and screw it down.  Web site is http://www.posi-lock.com I first stumbled upon these in a motorcycle shop in Germany (althought they are made in the USA). They used to be sold by Checker auto, Autozone, etc. but no longer are.  The web sight says they are available at Harbor Frieght Tools ( but my local store does not have them) and Napa auto parts among others.  I just order them off their website though.  I also carry a couple with me on bike trips in case I run into roadside electrical or wiring damage issues.  Just thought I would share.

Dennis P
95 RED
Orem, UT USA