Pod filters

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 00:39:24 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,
After spending a half day trying to sort out my former GPZ's carbs (the friend I sold it to let it sit for months and of course they were all gummed up) I have had enough of trying to get the f*&% ing rubber boots back on to the rear of the carbs.
I had gone through the exercise once but on firing up the bike just refused to idle.  I then discovered that the air filter had dry rotted and most likely powdered foam has clogged the orifices again. So off they must come again.
I know that some of you have already made the K&N conversion.
Can somebody please walk me through the process?
What adjustments have to be made to the needles?
What jets replaced? (I'm keeping the stock exhaust|).
How does one seal up the crankcase breather?
Thanks for the help.
Randy in New Orleans
95 Gpz 1100 (which I can't seem to get unattached from)