I'm back

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Thu Jun 4 06:12:19 PDT 2009

Arrived home last night after another 450+ mile day. Most of it in rain. The
final leg, being the approach to manhattan from New Jersey through the
lincoln tunnel was treacherous and dangerous to say the least. The rain was
pouring in sheets, and I actually saw a tractor trailer force a mini van
into the guard rail about 200' ahead of me.Then the long wait to get into
the lincoln tunnel on slick, off camber pavement with about a million cars
all around did not make for a fun way to spend the afternoon. We creeped
along until we entered the tunnel then entered Manhattan. After that was
progressed fairly easily to the Midtown tunnel and exited there to find the
Long Island Expressway stopped. Tha rain had also abated at this point sio
that part of it was a plus.but it was very slow giong till we finally made
it to the cross island parkway. From tehre it was fairly smooth for the last
45 miles.
    The earlier part of the day spent in Virginia (Lexington is where we
started out from) was actually quite nice. Temps were pleasant and it was
great riding with no one in our way as we buzzed Along. The skies didn't
darken till after we were past Hershey by somne miles. We donned our rain
gear and stayed that way the rest of the day.

All in all it was a great trip. The Barber Museum was fantastic, and a must
see for anyone who rides. The backroads around Alabama, Georgia and
Tennessee are amazing and beautiful, though I have to say I think Tennessee
is my favorite out of them all. What I saw of North Carolina reminded me of
what Long Island looks like with shopping malls highways, but I'm sure I
didn;t see the best of it. Virginia is always very pretty.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com
Check out
LIMELongriders NEW site;