3 questions

blackgpz at rochester.rr.com blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 15 05:49:06 PDT 2009

3.  Previous owner installed Dunlop Sport Max tires, which have about
600 miles on them.  I've never run these tires, but I like what they're
doing so far.  Anyone else run these?  Any idea what kind of mileage I
can expect?  I normally run Michelin RoadSmarts on the Triumph, ran Avon
Azarros on my '95 and like the mileage/handling combo in both applications.

I ran two sets of the Dunlop SportMax Qualifiers of my 955i Daytona and they were awesome handling tires. Great grip at track days but I wouldn't expect too much mileage from them, they are very soft. 3 to 3.5k is all I would expect. I run a Pirelli Diablo front with a Strada rear with great success. I get 6500 miles from the set and they both wear out at the same time plus I like the added grip of a sport front tire. They handle great as well, not like BT021's that make the GPZ handle like a truck.

Steve