which way do the fork seals go on?

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun May 3 07:41:59 PDT 2009

A cheap and simple tool for adding or removing that last bit of fork oil is
a large syringe (30 or 60 cc)with a measured amount of tubing shoved on the
needle end.  If you have to add oil just push on the plunger or pull to
remove oil.  A turkey baster will work too but it is not as accurate and if
your wife sees you using it (even if is your own) you will be in shit,
before you get a chance to explain.  Trust me on this "been there done it".
You can get syringes at you local pharmacy.  They are also excellent water
guns.
They are also good for injecting gasoline into the carburetor of something
you are trying to start.  Saves on a lot of kicking or pulling if you have a
stuck needle valve or other fuel line blockage.  I have a couple of old
Honda XL250s that fire up with 2 kicks each spring with this method,
otherwise its a dislocated old knee.

Jim