Out of lurk mode............SHIMS

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sat Jul 3 06:48:05 PDT 2010

That's handy website, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at micapeak.com [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at micapeak.com] On
Behalf Of Steven Bixby
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 12:56 PM
To: GPZ List
Subject: Re: Out of lurk mode............SHIMS

I speak not from actual experience (yet, but very soon!), but my
understanding is that the more-recent  Japanese bikes generally use one of
two diametric sizes - 7.48mm and 9.48mm.

Also - HotCams kits are available all over the place, and even better, if
you know about the right size range you need, you can get a "refill kit" for
cheaper than a whole kit.

Here's one site: http://www.procycle.us/hotcams/valve_shims.htm