Shoei RF 1100

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Fri Jul 9 10:53:41 PDT 2010

Time for a new lid.  Anyone ride with a Shoei RF 1100 (or the older RF
1000)?  I like the fit and light weight, but if I'm going to spend that kind
of money (the local dealer will sell me a large, solid color with some
replacement cheek pads for $405) I want some testimonials.  My old Shoei X-9
feels considerably heavier than the RF, and has a tendency to drag my head
around when looking over my shoulder before changing lanes.  It's also a bit
noisy.

For my head shape (oval), Shoeis fit very well.  I really like the
removable/washable liner in the newer models, too.

Helmets are something I won't skimp on, and I'll pay the money if the RF
1100 is worth it.  Online testimonials don't mean anything to me; I want
advice from people I can trust.

Drew in VT