zx or zzr - much difference?

Stephen hampson shampson at gmx.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 14:03:55 PDT 2010

A few listers have done just that, Im sure they let you know the differences
from their personnel experience. But from what I know of the bikes
The main differences are are, top end performance 180 verses 150mph and a
kick in the arse at 8000rpm, way more low down torque on the Gpz which is
where you need it for real road riding. The zzr feels and is a lot lighter.
More aftermarket goodies for the ZZR. Compared to modern 1000cc bike the
ZZR1100 is a soft sports tourer so is fine for commuting.

I've watched ebay for a good while now and you'll be lucky to get £1000 to
£1200 for a Gpz even in excellent low milage condition. Whereas a ZZR1100D
will be anywhere from £1000 to £2000 as they ran for 7 years.