OEM Saddlebags

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Mar 8 06:34:56 PST 2010

The OEM bags look good on the bike.  The GIVIs look like someone stole 2 or
3 old TV sets and through them on.  The Givis are a little more water
resistant than the OEM.  They will keep a light rain or an hour of heavy
stuff out.  The 5 days on the return from Labrador was too much.
Fortunately I had all my stuff in Sealine bags inside the Givis.  I think I
still have some 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners and some plastic washers for
attaching the OEM bags to the mounting brackets if anyone is in the need.
Down to about a foot (1/3 meter) of snow here.  With a week of temperatures
rising to 8 - 10C (45 -50F) by late afternoon it could be all gone by the
weekend.  But this is Eastern Ontario and we could easily get a couple of
storms in March that could dump 2 mrters (6 feet) or more.  It ain't over
til the fat lady sings (or a few fat robins start building nests).

Jim