Dyno'd the GPZ last night

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Fri May 7 13:56:07 PDT 2010

Nice flat torque curve and good peak power. However, I would have to
disagree with the bigger pilot jets as by 4000 rpm you're on the needle. I
would raise the needle a step. Things start going in the right direction at
5k after you get off the taper so raising the needle (or using a different
needle with less taper e.g. Factory Pro) will help here. I would also go 1
size leaner on the main jets. You're on the mains from about 6500 rpm on up.
Best power is made at 12.8 - 13.2:1 a/f and you're a little rich at about
12:1. JMHO.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'08 KLR 650