Stalling after long lay over

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun May 30 13:35:11 PDT 2010

It could be your rear brake lever is siezed.  Put the bike on the centre
stand and in nuetral.  Try to turn the rear wheel by hand.  If the wheel
doen't turn grab the rear brake pedal and pull it up to see if you can
release the brake.  If this works remove the brake pedal and lube the brake
pedal shaft.  You may be able to get it free spraying WD40 or some other
liquid lubricat.  I used to mine a shot of chain lube every other time I
lubed the chain.  If a siezed brake pedal is the problem its best to remove
it clean both the shaft and brake pedal then lube both with a good marine
grade grease.

Jim