Western Canadian Rain Festival - A LONG Trip Report

Dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Wed Jul 4 10:47:47 PDT 2012

Charles, I recently dyed the seat on my w650 which was a faded corbin. I bought leather dye off the internet and dyed it myself. It came out great.

Ralph
Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

Charles Scappaticci <scapco at ecentral.com> wrote:

Forgot to mention, I have a 15 year old Corbin.  It's gotten a little
harder over the years but still looks good and didn't bother me on the
trip.  I need to send it back to Corbin and have the dye retouched and the
rubber bumpers on the bottom replaced.  One other note, I used both a
Throttlemeister and a throttle rocker to keep from wearing my right hand
out and the combination works well for me.  YMMV.

Charles S.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Charles Scappaticci <scapco at ecentral.com>wrote:

> Hi Drew,
>
> I had the original Roadsmarts on the trip.  I used the Pilot Roads on my
> last trip to Canada, but while they squared of faster than I thought they
> should, they held up much better.  I'm going to look at the Pilot Roads
> again, but this trip makes me long for the old Dunlop D205's.  I always got
> 7K plus out of a set and they didn't square off as badly as these newer
> tires do.  I don't get it with these dual compound tires, in theory they
> should wear better, but instead they seem to wear worse, IMHO.
>
> Charles S.
>

> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Drew Blanchard <drewblanchard at gmavt.net>wrote:
>
>> Charles:
>>
>> Thank you for the excellent story!  Taking the GPZ to Alaska has been on
>> my
>> bucket list for a long, long time.  Getting there from the northeast just
>> adds to the challenge, but *someday* ….
>>
>> The longest ride I've had so far this year pales in comparison.  My wife
>> and I both rode in the Ruff Ride a week ago - a fund raiser for the local
>> Human Society (she and I raised just under $1k) - then continued after the
>> official end of that event for a 350 mile day.  Made me realize I need to
>> send my stock saddle down to the folks at Sargent Cycle sooner rather than
>> later.
>>
>> Ordered new tires at the end of that day, too.  The folks at Ducati
>> Vermont/Cyclewise are just a few miles down the road from us, and I've
>> learned they're truly excellent and knowledgeable people.  I went with
>> their   tire recommendation.
>>
>> Which brings up 2 questions for you:  what saddle do you use, and which
>> Dunlops (original Roadsmart or Roadsmart IIs) did you have?  Cyclewise
>> strongly recommended the Dunlops for me, too, but now I don't remember if
>> they're the original Roadsmarts or the newer version (tires haven't come
>> in
>> yet).  I worry that I've now heard 2 people say the Roadsmarts are crap.
>>
>> DrewinVT
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Charles Scappaticci <scapco at ecentral.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > HI All,

it as such, you are violating the micapeak.com terms of service.