Is it that time?

Dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 12 06:41:44 PDT 2012

Hey buddy sorry to hear about your problems. I hope everything works out for you and that eventually you feel better.

Ralph
Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

"blackbear at frontiernet.net" <blackbear at frontiernet.net> wrote:

The GPZ is running great, just put fresh rubber on the front (rear was done last year), and it is as fun as ever to be on it, but I've been developing some health issues that have made it more and more uncomfortable to ride the Geeper for more than 30 minutes at a time.  Maybe it is just age...I'm sure the recent truck tire I've been carrying around hasn't helped...but lately I've been thinking more and more about turning to the darkside.
If I'm going to remain on two wheels, I'm going to have to get something with a more upright posture.

So this weekend, I'm going to go looking at options.  From research I've been doing, I'm thinking either a Vulcan Custom or a V-Strom might fit the bill.

If I can convince the missus to agree, I'd have a 'stable' of two motorcycles.  However, her current dialogue usualy ends with "you can only ride one at a time, so you don't need two bikes".

So, while I'm not going to go actively listing the GPZ on Craigslist (yet?), if anyone on here knows anyone interested in a used GPZ kindly point them in my direction.

I'm not sure what they are going for used nowadays, KBB and NADA both list a top end of ~$1900.  This would, of course, include everything I have for the bike.  Stock bags, repair manuals, any original parts I still have in the shed, and the complete spare stock exhaust I've been storing in case my current one gets too old.

I hate to go this route, as the GPZ has been a dear friend and companion for many wonderful trips...but when I find myself driving the Jeep more often in good weather because I arrive at work in pain (25 minute ride), I know it's time for it to go to someone who can appreciate it more than me.

I'll keep lurking around here, as long as I'm welcome.

Michael in Holley, NY
it as such, you are violating the micapeak.com terms of service.