GPZList Digest, Vol 68, Issue 7

M & J Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Tue Jul 17 11:58:54 PDT 2012

I rented one of the Beemer 650's in Denver CO.  It was a nice little bike to
ride but like you I missed the power of the GPZ.  The Beemer has 50 hp at
sea level and I'm sure it was down to less than 40 in Denver ( 1 mile due
up) and under 30 at the summit of places like Wolf Creek Pass  ( at nearly 3
miles up).
Another gripe was all the f#$&%n safety devices.  Side stand down,
transmission in neutral , clutch in and key on before you hit the starter
button.  Side stand up before you shift into 1st.
The saddle bag latches were a mytery I never did figure out.  I would screw
with the key for 5 minutes and all of a sudden the bag flew open.  By the
time I managed to get to my camera, what ever I wanted to photograph was
either gone or dead.
If you happen to meet my sister Lesley in Romania say hi for me.

Jim