In Colorado!

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Fri Jun 6 15:29:11 PDT 2014

Charles,

I second that emotion. Independence Pass is awesome, but so is just about
every route up to it from both directions. The last time I summated there
was in 2002 from Rte 50 in Sapinero north via hwy 92 through Crawford and
Joe Cocker's Mad Dog Ranch. They had just resurfaced 92 so it was a dream
highway and perfect weather. From Hotchkiss, followed 133 to Carbondale,
then 82 through Aspen and up the pass. Stayed in Leadville that night after
eating a huge steak that gave me nightmares due to the altitude, the highest
bed I ever slept in (10,400 Ft ASL IIRC). Summited three more time above
11,000 ft the next day on my way back towards the east (Fremont Pass 11,318
ft, Loveland pass 11,992 ft, Hoosier Pass 11,541 ft).

CO is sweet... :<)

Bill in Yardley, PA