cold wet weather gloves

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Mon Jan 26 12:13:38 PST 2015

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a tidbit for you cold weather riders and/or anyone who
needs to keep their hands warm when it's cold AND wet. Stearns Cold Water
Gloves are nothing short of amazing; see an example of where to purchase
here:

http://tinyurl.com/m8xnndd

I bought these years ago when I was doing more LD riding than I do now and
didn't want to get stuck far from home with cold hands during a cold rain. I
haven't worn them on a mc lately, but this past weekend I  did put them on
to clear some debris out of a rain gutter on my shed that was clogged up
with ice, snow, freezing cold water and a bunch of leaves and muck. It was
about ten minutes of really cold hand work getting those gutters cleaned
ahead of this big storm we're getting right now, and I have to tell you that
my hands stayed totally warm and dry throughout the entire ordeal! I mean
TOTALLY warm and dry, as if my hands were not even in the ice cold wet
conditions. Not even a little bit of the ice cold water feeling came through
the gloves!

Well worth the ~$20 investment. They are snug like a divers dry suit, but
once you acclimate to that feeling, the reward is well worth it. Give 'em a
try, you won't be sorry!

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net
yam650 Listowner