Running like crap

Paul Heim pmheimjr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:04:34 PDT 2015

Yesterday I pulled the tank off and drained the float chambers. I didn't see any obvious crud coming out, but I hooked up a temporary tank and my carb balancer and cranked the bike. It ran really well and the carbs only required a minor balance adjustment (and no issues with diaphragms). I'm guessing that the ethanol-free gasoline allowed some condensate to get to the floats the last time I ran it during the winter, even though I dosed the tank with StaBil. All is well, once again! Daniel & Ped, thanks for the advice. In ten years of gross winter neglect, this has never been a problem for this bike before.

Paul in Ohio

Sent from my iPad