Oldtimer..

masonjs at nrtco.net masonjs at nrtco.net
Fri Mar 25 14:49:02 PDT 2016

That's enough to make any Canuck cry.  I just finished negotiating for
about 3 hours by phone with my insurer.  I was just short of a grand
($1000.00 CDN - $750.00 USA$) with only 3rd party coverage.  I managed
to get it down to $650.00 cdn for full coverage with a $500.00
deductible.  But I'm not supposed to ride more than 1,500 km (1000
miles)/year.  We need a few USA insurance companies up here to fight
for our business.  In a good year I can ride 7.5 months..  This is on
a Suzuki vstrom.  If I still owned my GPZ it would probably be
$1500.00/year.  This is with a clean driving record and over 50 years
experience.
Charlie--You should have put both the car and insurance in your
daughter's name.  We found that out the hard way as well.  Corrected
this when my son got his license.
Got 10 inches (2.5 hands) of snow last night. This will set the riding
season start back 2 more weeks.
Jim