(OT) RPM's not returning to idle (done)

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Thu Sep 8 14:25:51 PDT 2016

Thanks for all the good replies, I really appreciate the quick, insightful
input(s).

I Just got back from test riding it myself this time and, as a result,  I
recommended to my cousin to take a pass.  The mechanic I tried to have  a
conversation with was "unreceptive" to my questions, and upon riding it, I
found out why. IMHO the carbs need to be taken (back) off and gone through
completely and correctly this time. It ran the same w and w/o enricher on
(?), didn't take throttle well (almost like it was running on one cyl), took
a full 4 seconds top come back down from 4K RPM when the throttle was cut,
etc, etc, overall a real hack job of getting a bike running well enough to
get it sold to the unsuspecting new owner.

Having said that, I have complete confidence that the bike can be fixed...by
someone else. It's not going to be by me though, which is exactly who it
would have been had my cousin bought the thing, as he is still trying to
figure out which end of a screwdriver to hold.

Best,

Lazarus CycleWorks
We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes
Bill Denton - Chief Rejuvenator