Has it been 20 years already?

masonjs at nrtco.net masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun Jan 29 06:02:36 PST 2017

My Suzuki vstrom will probably belong to someone else this spring.  I
didn't put 500 km (300 miles ) on it last year.  With insurance at
$750.00/year this kind of pissed off my wife.  I'd like another bike a
little lighter and a little lower but at 70 the Suzuki may get turned
into a cab for my Kubota tractor.
I'm finding it too top heavy.  And the seat is at the limit of mt 30"
inseam.  I dumped it in my yard after a ride last year.  My Labrador
retriever was jumping around in front of me when I came down the hill.
 I stopped the bike to keep from hitting him.  Unfortunately I was
stopped over over a rain wash out and neither foot touched the ground.
 I went over like the guy on the tricycle on "Laugh-in".   Fortunately
It was soft sand so there was no damage to the bike.  Levi (the dog)
had the presence of mind to make himself scarce until I cooled down.

On Saturday 28/01/2017 at 7:49 pm, Charles Scappaticci  wrote:
> [...]
>>> England
>>> and eastern Canada.  I'm actually a little sad as I write this, as its
>>> become time to sell the GPZ and move on.
>>>
>>> At 60, I'm not getting taller or stronger and that last trip to Alaska
>> on a
>>>
>>> big, heavily loaded bike made me think it's time to get something
>> smaller.
>>>
>>> I looked long and hard at the BMW 800GS, but the seat height along
>>> with
>> the
>>>
>>> top heavy feel made me think twice, and as this may be my last big
>>> bike
>>> purchase, I want to get it right.
>>>
>>> Although Kawasaki makes some nice stuff, I'm not over the long
>>> distance
>>> trips yet, and comfort combined with storage and lighter weight over
>>> long
>>> distances is an important factor to me.  So, with that in mind, I went
>> out
>>>
>>> today and purchased a very clean, low mileage 2013 BMW 800GT that has
>>> all
>>> the nice factory accessories already installed, including all three
>>> hard
>>> bags, an Akrapovic exhaust, the BMW comfort seat and ESA, or
>>> Electronic
>>> Suspension Adjustment.  It is located in Illinois, so it will be a few
>>> weeks before I get it to Colorado.
>>>
>>> All that said, in the coming months I will be working on selling the
>>> GPZ
>>> and all the spare parts I've put in the basement over the years, and I
>> have
>>>
>>> a crap load of them though all the body parts are long gone except a
>>> scratched up right lower and a dirty but usable front fender.  I'll be
>>> putting a list up in a few weeks of all my spares, and trying to
>>> figure
>> out
>>>
>>> a price to sell my much loved, but well used, 95 GPZ which has a
>>> salvage
>>> title thanks to the POS that hit and run me a dozen years or so ago.
>>> If
>>>
>>> can't sell it at a decent price, I'll keep it and just ride it around
>> when
>>>
>>> I feel like having some big bike fun.  Potentially I will sell it and
>>> my
>>> WR450 and buy a KLR650 for those off road trips, I certainly saw
>>> enough
>> of
>>>
>>> them on the roads to Alaska.
>>>
>>> Though the list has mostly gone silent these days, I will be staying
>>> on
>> the
>>>
>>> list for the foreseeable future.  And, since my ex has moved to
>>> Florida,
>>>
>>> have two empty bedrooms should anyone come through Denver and need a
>> place
>>>
>>> to stay, and I'm always willing to act as a guide if anyone needs one.

>>> 2013 BMW F800GT
>>> 2003 Yamaha WR450