20 years later - GPZ After Thoughts

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Mon Jun 26 14:01:54 PDT 2017

I still ride my GPZ, usually every 4 riding days. I switch between it and my other three motorcycle's. I had it out yesterday and today I'm on my FJR. Still, my riding has been very limited this season. It's been cold and rainy here on Long Island for three months with far more rainy days than sunny ones. I broke 66,000 miles yesterday. The bike is still great. In fact since I added the fork brace, the braided steel brake lines and the new rotors a few years ago this machine has never been better.

Ralph L Angelo Jr Author of Cool Stuff Http://RLAngeloJr.com
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Alexander Finger <af at genevainformation.ch> Date: 6/26/17  3:55 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Ralph <dominatr37 at optonline.net> Subject: Re: 20 years later - GPZ After Thoughts
She's been sitting in the garage for almost a year - on my first real
vacation day this year I took her out, dusted her off, washed and polished
and put the battery back on the charger after a test run using my car to
get her to run.

The "new" bike in the garage is the 2016 Africa Twin (AT), which is nothing
but a childhood dream. The AT handles extremely well and is easy to ride -
I took her to Ticino and back last week, some 800 kms in two days. But
damn, I miss the BANG a bit. So time to get the GPZ insured (collectors
insurance for bikes > 20y)!

A word to italy - it sucks.  Simplon - sucks. Avoid it. The descent is
limited to 60km/h. Stay in Switzerland and France ;)

cheers
Alex

×

​

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 2:21 AM, William K Denton <wkdenton at verizon.net>
wrote:

> I still have the Stealth Rocket (faster black '96)...lol

http://alexfinger.ch for pgp key etc
it as such, you are violating the lists.micapeak.com terms of service.