2022 - first ride :)

Ped gpz1100abs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:34:01 PDT 2022

What a wonderful ride, Alex :) Thanks for the video :)

For me the riding season hasn't started yet, for a couple of reasons.
One is the usual: Salt on the roads. Although the riding season
officially begins on the 1st of March, it's often mid April or even
later before the roads are free of salt. This week sees several snow
showers, and during the night the temperature drops to -5 deg. C. So the
roads are salted almost every evening/night. The second reason is that I
just had my eyes fixed. Over the last 6-9 months I apparently developed
cataracts, and it became increasingly difficult to drive at night.
Oncoming headlights resulted in bright starlight-like glare in all
directions. Even on a bright day the world appeared hazy and colorless,
almost yellowish, and text on a computer screen appeared as blurry,
light gray letters on a white background. By the time I got to the eye
clinic I had 30% vision left on one eye and 50% on the other. I had one
eye fixed a couple of weeks ago and the other a week later. I had almost
forgotten how bright and colorfull the world can appear, even on a gray
winter day. But for the next couple of weeks I'm not allowed too much
wind in my face and certainly no dirt, so no motorcycle riding just yet.
Actually the winterly weather just now suits me well ;)

Other than that the GPZ is ready for the season, now with 235.000 km
(146.000 miles) on the tacho :)

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark