[Tanx] Another CDI?

Tracy Cerrato via Tanx tanx at micapeak.com
Fri Jun 24 17:40:48 PDT 2016

Ok guys/gals -
Everyone with a Transalp knows that the CDI’s need to be replaced around the 25k-30k mark. We’ve done all 4 of them on our 2 TA’s and there is no way any of them should be going bad this soon… except if we don’t have the new CDI’s mounted in the upgraded rubber holders that change their position to keep them from getting squished. I ordered the “new” holders last year and when I looked under the seat, it seemed like we had received the “old” style instead. Didn’t do anything about it right away and then forgot about it - until 2 nights ago, riding to and from work, half the console lighting was out and then the bike kicked down to one cylinder for a bit and then came back up to two. Anyone know if it’s too late to save the affected CDI by making the switch to “Unsquished” now that it’s already buggered out once???
Tracy