Final drive verification

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:40:10 PDT 2015

Hi Guys,
Well, I'm kind of retarded. I've had my Amazon order ready for 6 months for
new driveline components (Chain, link and sprockets), and now that I'm
about to pull the trigger, I am questioning the final quantity of chain
links required. I'm going back to stock gearing (looking for a few less
commuting RPM), 17 front, 45 rear.

My issue is the chain links... 112 for stock, or just get the 120 link and
break it to fit. I've always gone over and cut to fit, but it's a couple
bucks that I will waste if I do. I suppose it's not *really* a waste, but
it feels like I'm throwing away cash if I cut off 8 links or more.

Anyone with this info handy? Unfortunately my manual and cheatsheets and
the bike are still at home in hibernation so it's not doing me any good
today to figure out if 112 is acceptable...

Don in Longmont