[BaseCamp] Basecamp Area Avoidances

Kevin Morris kevleemor at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 20:05:54 PST 2015

I just noticed this feature in Basecamp - Area Avoidances Toolbar.I used the "View, Toolbars, Area Avoidances" to display the toolbar. Click on the "Red (crosshatch) Square" to open a dialog box which contains 3 options, Create, Pan & Zoom. With the Dialog Box opened you can use the Pan & Zoom options to work with the Map in the Main Window. Use the Create option to select an area of the map to create a Avoidance Area and prevent route creation within that area. Click on Create then use your cursor to draw a Box/Rectangle on the map. Basecamp will not plan a route through the Avoidance Areas unless you put a waypoint/shape point in that area.The marked avoidance area is only visible while the Area Avoidance Dialog box is open.
Kevin