[BaseCamp] Selecting Features to be Displayed...?

Carroll carrollwalker at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 13:55:02 PST 2015

Joe,  you may be experiencing the same problem I am experiencing and BTW,  I
have been experiencing this problem for a long time.  Now with that said,
everyone may not be experiencing this problem,  it may be just my computer
but you can do a test.
You need to establish a reference point with the settings and what you see
on the display.  First,  make sure you have post offices and libraries
checked under 'Communities' and to do this,  check the box beside
'Communities' which will check all the boxes within 'Communities' which
includes post offices and libraries.
Then find a post office and a library in some town and make sure you see the
icons for the post office and the library.  Next go into the 'Features to be
Displayed' and deactivate either the post office or the library.  Close
everything out and look at the display and see if the icon of the object you
deactivated is truly not displayed any longer.

Today I was trying to select only 'Post Offices' under 'Communities' but
each time I selected 'Post Offices' and closed out the 'Features to be
Displayed' in the 'Activity Profile' and then looked on my display,  I saw
all the icons of the other things under 'Communities'.  I knew it could be
changed but I wasn't sure how I did it until I began to try different ways
of selecting the Features/POIs.  After I posted my question on the forum,  I
tried different ways for about an hour until I stumbled on the 'Trick' way
of selecting the POIs.
The only way I could do a selection and make it stick and not revert back to
what it had been was to select everything under 'Communities' with the check
box beside 'Communities'.  Then I closed out the 'Features to be Displayed'
windows and then opened it again.  This time I deactivated/deselected the
items I did not want to see under/within 'Communities' and closed out the
windows again.  This worked about a half dozen times without fail but to
make it work,  I had to select everything then close the windows then open
them again and deselect the items I did not want to see.

If I went into 'Communities' and started selecting and deselecting just the
items I wanted to see,  I could not get the selections to stick/stay.

Carroll