[BaseCamp] Trip Log clearing

-=maura=- moteramaura at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:35:38 PDT 2015

Hello Billy

As others have noted this is probably a zumo hardware issue, not a
BaseCamp issue, but we will do our best to help you. I do not own a zumo
550.

First , make sure you do all of the following
-upgrade your zumo 550 to the latest software for that unit
-upgrade BaseCamp to the latest version
-clear your track log at the start of your trip. Do not get fixated on
the 7%, I do not know why it says this, but a track log of 7% is not
much of a trip. As Steve noted, track logs must be downloaded every 24
hours, no unit holds much more than that

The zumo 550 moves the track logs to an archive section of the internal
memory. You cannot access this archive from the zumo itself, but you
should be able to download it. That is why the tracks always shows up on
the zumo, even when it is not found in the active track log. I know this
from my nuvi, assuming it is the same in zumo.

Because the zumo 550 is an old unit, the manual yacks about MapSource
not BaseCamp, you might have better luck downloading your track log to
MS rather than BC, then moving it from MS to BC.

You can also save your track as a route, in the zumo. Try this, might
help, don't know.

Maura
in
Vancouver , Canada

On 01/09/2015 8:31 AM, Connacher, Billy wrote:
> I tried posting this before but I don't think I was successful so I am trying again.
>
> I recently wanted to pull my trip log for a rally from my 550 and load it into BaseCamp.  The trip log on the Zumo says 7% so I figured there would be no issue but when I pulled up the logs (there were many, which is another question) in BaseCamp, the first one started at 3:40 in the afternoon of a rally that started at 6am.  I checked the light blue track on the Zumo and it goes back as far as the first log so it essentially is the same.  Basically the first 444 miles of my rally track are gone leaving 548 miles of the rally plus 120 miles from the rally to home.  I cleared my trip log immediately prior to starting the rally.
>
> If the trip log only says 7%, why is it already clearing my track info?
>
> Why are the multiple tracks (31) when the GPS was only powered off twice during this time, once at my rest break and once more at the end of the rally.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Billy Connacher
> Milford, CT

> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Maura