[BaseCamp] Trip Log clearing & Dropping Waypoints

Steve Bracken twigg2324 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:54:05 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Connacher, Billy <Billy.Connacher at cdk.com>
wrote:

> The map on 550 is several updates behind my BC map so that may account for
> the waypoints dropping.

This is not the reason.

If waypoints truly were "lost", it is not because of map versions. For
example, if you worked out your course on a newer map with a waypoint on a
road that doesn't exist in the GPS, then the GPS would route you as close
as possible, then instruct you to "navigate off-road" to the destination.

A waypoint is a point in space. The space exists even if the road isn't
there. We might call them "waypoints", but in reality they are
two-dimensional locations on a flat surface. That is all the GPS knows.

--

Steve Bracken