[BaseCamp] Can I Copy/Paste Route "Properties" ?

Greg Horodeck greghoro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:50:18 PST 2016

Perhaps you can get the information you want by exporting the route to a csv
file. In Windows, make sure your route is selected, go to the File menu,
choose Export, Export Selection, tell it where you want the exported file
put and specify csv as the type to be saved.

The data you want is all there. It may not be exactly in the form you want
but if you know Excel, you should be able to manipulate the data to put it
in the form you want. Certainly a macro could be created to automate the
isolation and reformatting of the data (I can provide help). Note, you will
need to make sure that for each waypoint in the route, you explicitly check
the Arrival and/or the Departure box. Waypoints with unchecked boxes will
not export Arrival/Departure information.

Look in the rtept section of the exported file for the data you want.

The date and time will be concatenated together in one cell and it is
expressed in Zulu time, not local time for the waypoint. Which may be a
positive, keeping a rally clock on Zulu and not having to do possible error
prone calculations to convert to local time.

Greg