[BaseCamp] symbol priorities for stacked waypoints

Steve Bracken twigg2324 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:05:46 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Carroll <carrollwalker at cox.net> wrote:

> Why not use the power of the "LIST" and "LIST FOLDER" to isolate the
> waypoints you want to use.  The ability to bounce between "My Collection",
> LIST and a LIST FOLDER give you lots of power to handle multiple waypoints
> and routes.

This won't work.

We are talking about different waypoints with the same geographical
location.

BaseCamp doesn't really use a "folder" structure that keeps data separate,
it uses a single database that presents one set of info in a graphical
format. If you change a waypoint, it will change in every List the waypoint
appears in.

What you suggest is great for keeping trips apart, but your "Home" waypoint
is the same in every folder. What happens when you copy a waypoint to a
list is that you instruct the program to display this point, in this list.

The suggestion of moving points in the same place, by a tiny amount, is the
only way I can think to deal with this problem.

--

Steve Bracken