[BaseCamp] shortcut icon on desktop

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:15:26 PDT 2016

I had my laptop repaired and cleared lots of stuff off of it (including
uninstalling BaseCamp) anticipating it would never come back.  I had a
'repair it or replace it' policy.   Surprise!  They fixed it.  So I
downloaded BaseCamp today.  It opens and runs all my old lists and files
just fine.  For the life of me I can't get a shortcut icon onto my
desktop.  The download didn't have an option to do that.  Windows 8.1
allows me a 'make shortcut' option but when I do that all it does is puts a
copy of the download onto the desktop forcing me to reinstall it each time
I want to simply open BaseCamp.  It's installed, I simply want to open it
using a desktop shortcut icon, which is what I did for years.    I'm brain
dead..... what did I miss and how do I get a shortcut icon back on my
desktop?  Getting old and losing brain cells is embarrassing.

Joe Y
western PA