[BaseCamp] unpaved roads

Steve Bracken twigg2324 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:16:29 PDT 2016

BaseCamp does this sometimes.

It's a bug.

Normally your GPS will fix it. If you have "Unpaved Roads" set as an
avoidance, the GPS will only route you down an unpaved road if there is no
paved alternative.

Bear in mind that the GPS does not follow the route you decided on in
BaseCamp, it creates its own route. If you want it to precisely follow BC
then you will often need to set shaping points in your route.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Daniel Dyer <danieldyer2008 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I clearly have unpaved road marked as an avoidance in my routing
> profiles..But Basecamp still routes me that way,  even if there are paved
> rd to same place...Why is this happening....And is there to know if
> basecamp is routing me down an unpaved road
>
> thanks
>
> Dan

Steve Bracken