[BaseCamp] Mieage mismatch in route detail v. ruler

John O. Cooper johnocooper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:57:42 PDT 2016

This has happened to me many times.

You have to pay close attention to the route BC uses.  This weekend BC sent
me on a route to a bonus in a park that including a hiking trail because it
did not know about the driveway.

BC used to refused to route me through Barstow, CA, on I-15 and instead
sent me on a long detour.  I contacted Garmin and they said it is because
the road is reported as closed.  Garmin told me I-15 was CLOSED, the
connection between the most populous country in the USA to Las Vegas is
closed.  Not likely.

I confirm routes with Google Maps or S&T and when on the road I use WAZE

John Cooper