[BaseCamp] Basecamp won't recalulate

Chris Rasmussen crasmussen at carolina.rr.com
Thu Oct 6 12:44:06 PDT 2016

Gregg and Jerry,

Let me explain the problem better.  It IS recalculating the route.  It is NOT redrawing the route along roads in the map view.  If I move things around add, delete or build a new route the recalculating is happening but when you select [recalculate] at the bottom of the route, normally the map display switches from point to point arrows and builds an accurate picture of the route along existing road but mine just recalculates and leaves the point to point arrows.

What's baffling is that it was behaving normally for the two to three hours prior to this problem "popping up".

I've tried
1) Inserted way points
2) deleted waypoints
3) built a new route
4) Changed the profile
5) Optimized
6) Inverted
7) changed avoidances
8) Shutting down and restarting basecamp
9) Shutting down and restarting the computer.

Running version 4.6.2
Windows 10
12GB of Ram
Nothing changes.  I always have just point to point arrows.

I'm running basecamp on the main hard drive with the data on a memory stick.

Now for the good news.  I don't need this fixed tonight.  Regrettably I won't be running the void.  In my procrastination in getting the bike back on the road I just an hour ago discovered that the steering yoke to frame geometry is off.  The front axle is ~ one inch closer to the engine then stock.  Somethings "rotten in Denmark" and I won't be riding it.  If I'd found out earlier I probably could've gotten is donor sister road worthy.