[BaseCamp] Basecamp won't recalulate

Greg Horodeck greghoro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 08:18:28 PDT 2016

Another method that might work is to formally register the unit with Garmin. Upon registration, they typically provide a free one-time update of the latest map. I did this for an old non-lifetime unit I purchased on eBay. The prior owner didn't register it and when I did, was provided with said update for the unit.

Disclaimer, I had other Garmin GPS at the time, so did have the latest map on my computer but believe that I could have used this update to download and update computer map.

Note, I register each of my devices using a different email address and password, so each one has its own account, making it easier to transfer to a new owner if/when I sell.

Greg