[BaseCamp] Waypoint symbols

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:35:10 PDT 2016

Roy
I agree with Jerry.  Trial and error.  One quick way to do it would be to
create a bunch of waypoints on a  BC map, assign each a different symbol,
then load them into your GPS.  You'll quickly see the ones that do transfer
over and which don't -- and how your GPS handles the ones it does not
support.  I use all different kinds of waypoint symbols when I'm in BC
doing maps and routes.  But once I am ready to load info into my GPS, I
skinny down my selection of waypoint symbols to the ones that I know my GPS
takes. While I was in BC doing the mapping each waypoint symbol means
something special, but that changes when I ride since my GPS does not
support all those waypoint symbols.   I have other waypoint information
written on my tank bag sheet or 3x5 cards or notebooks that further
describes the waypoints since I may be using only a few symbols now.
Joe