[BaseCamp] populating cells in the BC properties box

Stephen! ldrider at imagesdesavions.com
Fri Dec 22 07:58:14 PST 2017

>As you suggested, I exported a fully populated waypoint.  Using
>Notepad, I could see that all of the info from each cell was in
>the file.  I then imported my waypoint back into BC.  I opened
>the properties box and all the information in all the cells was there.

Take a very close look at the values used in the headers of the exported file and make sure you are matching them EXACTLY.  Sometimes Excel can have a trailing space and you will never know.  If you use a text editor that can display all characters (like spaces, tabs, and carriage returns) it makes it much easier to see such differences.  I use Textpad for just about everything (including HTML editing for my web site).

Also check to make sure you don't have an extra comma in there somewhere...

Often times I find the easiest thing to do is use the exported file as a base upon which to build the file I want to import.

--
There is no need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35...  and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.