[BaseCamp] no description converting over

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 08:55:07 PST 2017

It's been a while since I have converted an XLS file to a GPX file.  I used
GPS Visualizer at the conversion page
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input?convert_format=gpx&force_type=w&units=us

My XLS file has 3 columns -- lat, lon, description.

Using GPS Visualizer I select the xls file, select my options, push
Convert, click on the new URL address and the file is downloaded to my
computer.
I then go back into BaseCamp, select the List in My Collection, go to File,
select Import, identify that downloaded file from GPS Visualizer, click
open and immediately the waypoints appear on my map.

However....

in the BaseCamp data box at the bottom of the left column the description
is not converting over like the lat and lon are. In that data box I see the
flag icon followed by a name that is 3 numbers -- 001 through 050.  What I
have in my xls file as description is a 'name' for the waypoint that is two
letters and three numbers.  What I am seeing in the BaseCamp data box is
merely a chronological numbering of the waypoints.

What BaseCamp labels as waypoint 001 is the first waypoint in my xls file
but I have it described as AB357 in the xls file.  What BaseCamp labels as
waypoint 050 is my 50th waypoint but my label is three other numbers
preceded by two letters.  Some how I'm getting a chronological numbering of
the waypoints as they are converted and not the name that is in the xls
file.

Why is the description not converting too?  What do I needed to do to have
the description from the xls file appear in the BaseCamp data box?  (I'm
rather certain I have had names/descriptions convert over before).

Thanks,   Joe Y
western PA