[BaseCamp] BC message: "maps not installed on device"

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 08:29:07 PDT 2018

Not too long ago, I downloaded 2019.1 maps to my laptop and my Zumo 550.
While in BaseCamp, my route planning is done on the 2019.1 map.  Checking
the Zumo 550, it says the 2019.1 is what's installed on the Zumo too.
Today I loaded a Tour Of Honor route that I had planned to ride.  I sent it
from BC to my Zumo.  BC kicked back a message instantly that says:  Routes
sent to Zumo 550 were recalculated because they were created on a map that
is not installed on the device."

Any one have ideas why I get this error message and what I can do to fix
things so I do not get it?  I have triple checked that the BC planning map
and the Zumo 550 map set are each 2019.1.

When in BC, as I zoom in to the planned route, it follows the roads exactly
-- which it always does.  When I got the error message as I was sending the
route and waypoints to my Zumo as it was plugged in to the laptop, I
clicked on the Zumo in the far left column so the map on the laptop was now
showing what is on the Zumo.  I zoomed in and the planned route now looks
like a track where there are points along the way with straight lines
between the points rather than following the road.

Any thoughts, advice, solutions for this error message?

Joe Yarzebinski
western PA