[BaseCamp] Waypoint Properties Box cells for city, state, street etc...

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:21:06 PDT 2019

I'm not sure if this is a BaseCamp thing, a GPSVisualizer thing or an
operator error thing.

I have a large Excel spreadsheet.  Each row is a waypoint.  Each column
contains data for the BaseCamp waypoint Properties Box.  Each column name
matches a cell in the Properties Box -- specifically,  Name, Description,
Street, City, State.  I also have Lat and Lon, which becomes Position in
the Properties Box.  I run the spreadsheet through GPSVisualizer to create
a GPX file.  I then Import that file into BaseCamp.  Provided I do not have
any duplicate names, everything imports in just fine.  But when I open the
Properties Box of any waypoint, the only cells that populated were Name,
Display and Position.

How do I get Street, City, State and maybe other cells to populate when I
import the gpx file into BaseCamp?

The GPSVisualizer's tutorial doesn't seem to cover this issue/need.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/tutorials/waypoints.html

Let me know if you have populated those cells in the Properties Box,  and
how you did it.

Thanks,  Joe Y
western PA

.