[BaseCamp] How do I get NA map into basecamp

Don Marr globalmedic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:21:57 PST 2019

Neophyte question(s).

I recently acquired a GPSmap276Cx with City Navigator North America NT. I
installed Basecamp on my MS Surface Pro6 with Windows 10. I have
researched loading maps from device to BC with no joy. Only answer I found
is buy the map again. This doesn't seem right.

When I try to access Routing in BC while connected to device, so I have
access to map it is subdued and unavailable. When not connected to device I
can access routing, but only in world map, and that isn't detailed enough
to plan a route.

I am a neophyte to basecamp, but not to computing. I was fairly proficient
with mapsource, never had this issue in mapsource.

Don Marr