[BaseCamp] How do I get NA map into basecamp

Eric Bray edb4378 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:35:53 PST 2019

I don't think there is a way to move an unlocked CNNA mapset from GPS to
computer.

But, there is a great shareware program called JaVaWa GMTK that can be used
to move an unlocked map set from one computer to another.

 http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html

Do you know the person you bought the GPS from?  Do they still have that
version of CNNA on their computer.  If so, they could use GMTK to back up
that mapset to a SD card or thumb drive, and then you could restore that
mapset to your computer using GMTK.

Or, if you know anyone that has CNNA on their computer, you may be able to
transfer their CNNA to yours using GMTK.  I have found that having a
version mismatch between your computer and GPS is not that big of a deal.
Having said that, if your CNNA version on the GPS is really old, it may be
worth the price to upgrade.

Eric Bray
Alexandria, VA